When your roof suffers damage, knowing whether you should hire someone to make repairs or replace your roof entirely isn’t always a clear-cut decision. In fact, you may get differing opinions from different roofing contractors.
If you’re still unsure if you need a new roof or roof repair in Vancouver, WA, keep reading. This post will teach you more about the two options:
- Extent of damage: The first thing to consider is how bad the damage is. If large portions of the roof are missing shingles or if there’s serious structural damage, replacement is probably necessary.
- Roof age: If your roof is getting up there in years and it looks damaged, replacing the whole thing is probably the way to go. Conversely, if your roof is only a few years old, just make the necessary repairs.
- Timeline: Replacement takes much longer than repairs. If there’s damage that needs to be addressed right away, we recommend making temporary repairs for now and then replacing the roof down the road.
- Budget: Replacing a roof often costs thousands of dollars more than making repairs. If you don’t have the funds to replace your roof right now, help your wallet by making repairs for now. That said, you may need to start saving for a new roof.
Benefits of a new roof
Scheduling roof replacement in Vancouver, WA isn’t the cheapest option, but it does have its advantages. Here are a few reasons to install a new roof:
- Better curb appeal: Your roof’s appearance plays a significant role in your home’s curb appeal and resale value. Reroofing your home now can give your home a facelift, making it look years younger and a ton better.
- Increased energy efficiency: By reflecting sunlight and having better insulation, today’s roofs are designed to be more energy efficient than those in the past. You can save a bundle on your monthly energy bills by upgrading your roof instead of making repairs.
Benefits of roof repairs
The other option if you don’t replace your roof is roof repair in Vancouver, WA. These are a few perks of making those repairs:
- Affordability: As mentioned above, roof repairs are much cheaper than replacement. If money’s tight and repairs will do for now, hold off on replacement until you can afford it—but keep in mind that making frequent repairs can cost more than installing a new roof.
- Prolonged lifespan: Although repairs obviously don’t give you a brand-new roof, they can help extend your roof’s lifespan. As long as you hire a reputable team that uses quality materials, you can get a few extra years out of your roof before you’ll need to pay to replace it.
We can handle all of your roofing needs
Whether you need some basic repairs or it’s time for roof replacement in Vancouver, WA, reach out to the team at Leafshield Gutter Guards. We have experience reroofing and making repairs for all sorts of roofs, so no job is too big or too small for our pros.